Maybury State Park of Wayne County, Michigan
19 miles long with many loops ranging in size from 1 to 8 miles long.
Eight Mile at Beck Rd., 5 miles W. of I-275 or 4 miles N. of M-14 or 4 miles S. of I-96.
- Maybury-Paved Bicycle Trail - 4 (Miles), Biking, Hiking, Other Information
- Maybury-Mountain Biking Trail - 5 (Miles), Biking, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Other Information
- Maybury-Hiking Trail - 6 (Miles), Hiking
- Maybury-Equestrian Trail - 11 (Miles), Bridle
- Maybury-Cross Country Ski Trail - 10 (Miles), Cross Country Ski
20145 Beck Road
Northville MI 48167
Phone Number: (248) 349-8390
TTY/TDD711 (Michigan Relay Center)
Motor Vehicle Permit Required: Yes
Approximate Size: 944 (Acres)
Cross country ski trail is groomed.
You're invited to visit and enjoy Maybury State Park. Containing almost 1,000 acres of gently rolling terrain, open meadow, mature forest, a variety of wildlife and abundant wildflowers, the park gives people in the metropolitan area an opportunity to get involved in outdoor recreation activities in a state park setting. Special emphasis is given to introducing people to the natural features of our environment who may not otherwise have the opportunity to experience it.
The Friends of Maybury State Park provide support to park operations. For more information about how to help support Maybury State Park, please visit the Friends of Maybury State Park's web site. Maybury Farm is now operated by the Northville Community Foundation. For more information contact them at (248) 374-0200 or visit their webpage by clicking here.
Please check the DNR Calendar for upcoming events at this location and at all state parks and recreation areas.
- Playground - These play areas offer a variety of playground equipment for children.
- Fishing - Shoreline or pier fishing from Maybury's eight acre pond accessed from the Beck Road entrance.
- Picnic Area - Picnic tables and fire pits/grills
- Picnic Shelter(s) - Four picnic shelters are available for rent. To reserve the picnic shelter, contact the park at 248-349-8390.
- Alcohol Restrictions Apply - Alcohol is prohibited from all areas of the park from April 1 through Labor Day except with the written authorization of the park manager.
- Biking - Bicyclists will enjoy a four-mile paved trail.
- Hiking - Both paved and dirt paths on a variety of terrain.
- Bridle Trails - Trails may have other designated uses. Eleven miles of bridle trails are open for equestrians. Horses are permitted only on marked trails. Riding stable and horse staging area for trailer parking accessed from Beck Road. For additional information about riding opportunities, the Maybury Riding Stables for hours, rental rates and trails.
- Mountain Biking - Mountain biking is available on the Yellow Trail, accessed from the Paved Trail, which is shared with hikers. Please park in the lots at the Eight Mile Road entrance. Mountain bike trail is closed December 15th to April 15.
- Cross Country Ski - Trails vary from moderate to difficult.
Return to Wayne County, MI Trails Page
Permission and information sources are from Contributers to this Web Site, the Department of Natural Resources, Michigan.gov, National Park Service,
and the USDA Forest Service.