Burt Lake State Park of Cheboygan County, Michigan
1.5 miles long.
From I-75 take exit 310 turn west on M-68, then left at light onto Old 27 Hwy. Park is 1/4 mile South on right side.
6635 State Park Dr.
Indian River MI 49749
Phone Number: (231) 238-9392
TTY/TDD711 (Michigan Relay Center)
Motor Vehicle Permit Required: Yes
Approximate Size: 406 (Acres)
Make a Reservation at this Park
Cross Country Ski trail is not groomed.
Burt Lake State Park is open from early April to early November. It is located on the southeast corner of Burt Lake with 2,000 feet of sandy shoreline. Visitors are welcome to come and enjoy camping, boating, fishing, sight-seeing and many more activities in the beautiful area.
The world's largest "Cross in the Woods" is located near the park. Historic Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island are about 30 miles north on I-75. Hiking, cross-country skiing, ORV and snowmobiling trails are located nearby, along with many golf courses and restaurants. Please check the DNR Calendar for upcoming events at this location and at all state parks and recreation areas.
- Michigan State Park Explorer Program - Learn more about the natural features and resources located in this park with the Outdoor Explorer Program.
- Playground - These play areas offer a variety of playground equipment for children.
- Swimming Burt Lake Beach
- Fishing - Shoreline fishing is available on the northern boundry of the park along the Sturgeon River. Walleye, trout, bass, bluegill, perch, pike and other species of pan fish can be found in Burt Lake.
- Picnic Area - Picnic tables and fire pits/grills
- Picnic Shelter(s) - One picnic shelter for rent. For reservations contact the park.
- Hiking - A one-mile hiking trail is marked within the park. No bicycles, horses or motorized vehicles are allowed on this trail.
- Boating Access Site/Launch - Access for boating and fishing.
- Burt Lake is at the heart of the Inland Waterway, a series of navigable rivers and lakes that stretch for 38 miles from Crooked Lake to Lake Huron.
- Cross Country - Trails are not groomed.
- Burt Lake-Foot Trail - 1 (Miles), Hiking, Cross Country Ski
- Burt Lake-Inland Waterway - 38 (Miles), Vault Toilet, Swimming, Boat Launch
Return to Cheboygan County, MI Trails Page
Permission and information sources are from Contributers to this Web Site, the Department of Natural Resources, Michigan.gov, National Park Service,
and the USDA Forest Service.