Fisherman's Island State Park of Charlevoix County, Michigan
5 miles long.
Travel 1.3 miles south on U.S 1-31 to Bells Bay Road, turn Right 1.6 miles to park entrance.
Phone Number: (231) 547-6641
TTY/TDD711 (Michigan Relay Center)
Motor Vehicle Permit Required: Yes
Approximate Size: 2678 (Acres)
Cross Country Ski trail is not groomed.
Fisherman's Island State Park is not actually an island, but a 2,678-acre park with five miles of unspoiled Lake Michigan shoreline. The park encompasses a tiny island, Fisherman's Island, located a short distance offshore from the picnic area. Located just south of Charlevoix, it features a rustic campground with some of the sites nestled in the dunes along the lakeshore. The park road travels through the campground to the picnic area with access to the beach and miles of hiking trails. The interior terrain consists of rolling dunes covered with maple, birch and aspen broken up by bogs of cedar and black spruce.
- Hunting - Hunting is allowed during regular seasons except for a 450-foot safety zone around occupied dwellings and the campgrounds.
- Swimming - Swimming Lake Michigan Beach Information
- Picnic Area - Picnic tables and fire pits/grills Grills and picnic tables are located in a picnic area about three miles inside the park's main entrance.
- Hiking - Several miles of trails makes hiking and nature observation pleasant pursuits.
- Cross Country - Several miles of trails makes winter nature observation a pleasant pursuit. Trails are not groomed.
Return to Charlevoix County, MI Trails Page
Permission and information sources are from Contributers to this Web Site, the Department of Natural Resources, Michigan.gov, National Park Service,
and the USDA Forest Service.